Tuesday, June 12, 2012

FUBAR and SNAFU

These acronyms come from the armed forces during WWII.

Wikipedia here – FUBARSNAFU

These terms pretty accurately describe the final days of my house buyer’s ordeal getting the mortgage to fund and the funds transferred to my bank account.

Ameripro Mortgage Company and Reliance Title Company did their best at every turn to delay the closing.  I will not go into great detail, but suffice to say that neither of these companies are on my recommended list.  I’ll merely say that if possible, avoid these companies like they had the plague!

If there were problems – then we can deal with these things as long as the communication flows.  But no one answered their phone.  Voice mails were not returned.  People said the mortgage was ready for a.) approval, b.) funding when in fact it was not.  When I grew up they called this lying.  Nowadays it’s just business as usual.

We finally signed papers on Wednesday night at 8:15 pm.  Yes!  That late.

Fortunately, the notary was competent and we signed and initialed in all the correct places so that once the title company processed the papers there were no further problems.  The mortgage actually funded late on Thursday afternoon and my proceeds were wired to my bank account by 5:00 pm on Thursday.

So… I am no longer the owner of 8607.  I can no longer suffer the joys of home ownership.  LOL!

Now I’ll suffer the joys of pickup, trailer and motorcycle ills!

No comments:

Post a Comment